Sunday, July 31, 2005

Lily Fraser, 20th Jan, Bush Hall.

This is a gig I went to earlier this year, but it is worth mentioning as it was fantastic. The gig was on the 20th Jan 2005 at Bush Hall. If you've never been to the venue I can recommend that you go and see what it is like. There are chandeliers hanging from the intricately decorated ceiling. On this occasion there were tables in front of the stage, were we sat.

I'd mainly gone to see Lily Fraser. You can hear a couple of tracks on her web-site, one of those reminds a bit of Kate Bush, but has also been compared to slightly more mainstream versions of artists like Frou Frou, Zero 7 and Portishead. Her band consisted of harp, cello, bass and drums which makes for a distinctive sound.

While I was there I bought the CD, as did several of my friends. The track listing for the CD is as follows.

  1. It's You
  2. Disagree
  3. Man2Man
  4. About You
  5. Exposed

The previous band to play was Winston. I can't find a website address for him, he was going to be playing with his band, but as it turned out he played with just a drummer.

First on (unless I've forgotten someone, which is always possible since it was a few months ago) was Haley Glennie Smith. What a voice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home