Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Tomokiyo, Lily Fraser and Rougier

I went to the Betsy Trottwood yesterday (9th August). The pub has a really small venue room downstairs, it seems like there is hardly room for any audience a bit like being in someone's living room. A fair few people were in by the end though.

Rougier

First on was Rougier (sorry I could not find a website but see here).

Songs accompanied by accordion, angry songs, and funny. I did laugh at some of the lyrics, and although the set dragged a little in the middle, but ended well.

Lily Fraser

So after writing up the previous Lily Fraser gig I went to back in January it turns out that she is playing again and I can go, so here is the second entry for the same artist in as many weeks. In fact I wrote the previous article just to break things up a bit.

This was an acoustic gig with Lily singing, Milly Pay on harp and a new guitarist Greg Edwards, who had joined the band since I last saw them. The guitarist was very good and the harp and guitar work very well together.

The news is that there is going to be a new record out in about a month.

Tomokiyo

Last on were Tomokiyo They are said to mix elements of Coldplay and the Killers but I don't know about that, couldn't really hear either and its a strange combination. Never mind though, they were very good. I was going to leave early, as I had to be up early the next day, but ended up listening to their whole set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home