Thursday, November 24, 2005

KITT

I am way behind on writing up the past few weeks so I will jump ahead right ahead.

I went to see KITT today. They have a residency at the Princess Victoria Pub in Shepherds Bush, where they play every other month.

This is a fairly new band that has been going about six months. They are session musicians who have apparently played for bands such as the Gorillaz, KT Tunstall and the Prodigy.

Although the sound in general was OK the singers voice was way down in the mix and couldn't be heard very well. I had a chance to talk to them afterwards and its something they recognised and I am assured that this will be sorted out at the next gig.

On a quieter song there was a guest cellist, again couldn't particularly hear the cello, but the song was one of the highlights of the show.

They are playing again on the 12th January, and there should be better sound and more strings and perhaps mince pies and mulled wine. All in all I enjoyed the show and I shall be going to the next one.

Updated:No matter how many times I make the mistake of thinking that bi-monthly means twice a month, I keep on making it - so it is every two months as updated above. Also the Dec 15th gig that was originally mentioned has been cancelled. The next one is the 12th January.

Updated update:It seems that bi-monthly can mean both twice a month and every two months. So its OK to be confused I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home